|Home||Home > History > Places > Parks and Open Spaces|
King Georges Field
Located in Selhurst between Sydenham Road and Gloucester Road
This small ground was acquired by the Council in 1937 and designed to commemorate the Silver Jubilee of King George the Fifth. It was opened by the Mayor (Alderman Arthur Peters, C.B.E., J.P.) on the Coronation Day of King George the Sixth.
The original equipment was all painted red, white and blue and it is recorded that when the paint firm officials inspected the site they were very impressed.
The ground was once a rubbish tip before being transformed into the playground.
There is now a kick about area beside the playground and both are well used.
Back to Parks and Open Spaces
Saturday, 25 May, 2013